Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's Time

Images: Pinterest

My hair is currently the longest it's ever been and yet I've decided it's time for a chop. I've been so stubborn about cutting my hair for the past few years but I definitely need a change. My sister is a hairdresser and has been waiting for me to tell her that I'm ready to cut my hair for quite a while now! It has just gotten to the point where I'm bored with my hair and feel a bit too plain. 

My sister sent me through a picture of Lara Bingle whose hair is a nice collar bone length (bottom left). This led to me creating a Pinterest board with hot babes with the same or similar style to Lara. It's not too short but still a bit funky.

I've never been very good with hair (my sister definitely got those skills). My idea of doing my hair in the morning is blowdrying it until it's dry enough or until I get bored and then letting mother nature do the rest. No product no nothin'. I don't even own a straightening iron, people. So in deciding to take the plunge and cut a bit off my hair, I've also decided to be less lazy with styling it in the future. Luckily I'll have my own personal stylist for the next few weeks (my sister is cutting it the night before we go to America together) and hopefully I'll pick up a few tricks so that I can do it myself in future. As my hair is pretty much dead straight I'll need to learn how to give it some more volume/a bit of curl in order to achieve the look I want. I think I'm ready!

Now my only question is - to fringe or not to fringe? I guess you will just have to follow me on Instagram to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.