Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Week That Was

1. A bunny named George came to visit the office and we managed to do very little work for the duration of his stay.
2. I finally read The Perks of Being a Wallflower and really enjoyed it, especially as it was so easy to read.
3. City Rail managed to have a melt down yet again.
4. Went to dinner with some of the ladies from work last night as a farewell to our colleague Laila. We went to The Malaya at Darling Harbour which is really nice for a special night out. I've been such a hermit lately so it was great to get out and share a few LOLs with the gals.
5. At said dinner, I ordered a Pimms and lemonade and was served this teeny tiny Sprite bottle. Small things are so great! Unfortunately the waiter took it away before I got to smuggle it into my purse.
6. I ate the most amazing salt and pepper cauliflower. It was the second time I've had it and it did not disappoint!

Not pictured: Booked five nights in Chicago for the last leg of our USA trip in May, picked up some American money which makes it feel a bit more real, had a sensory overload with the season return of Game of Thrones and finale of The Walking Dead on the same night, left all my umbrellas at work and waited an hour and a half for a taxi to the train station so I wouldn't get drenched on my way to work, felt like a school kid again with my new Herschel backpack and wondered why it had taken me so long to discover how much better it is for carrying my laptop to work AND ate the best faux chicken I've had since becoming a vegetarian.

Having a very low key Saturday night now with a few ciders while we try and decide what takeaway to order. Once we eventually come to a decision I plan to enjoy it while curled up on the couch under a blanket, watching trashy TV (what was that I said about being a hermit?). Have a happy weekend xo

 All photos via my instagram page.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Perks of being a wallflower as well, took me back to my teenage years. I wish someone made me a mixed tape! Hope you had a relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.