Monday, May 6, 2013

Recipe | Breakfast Burritos

Mexican food and breakfast are two of my favourite things, so if I'm given the chance to combine them I'm definitely gonna go for it. I made these breakfasts burritos two weekends in a row in an attempt to use up some of the fresh food in the fridge before we went away. You can basically use any veggies you like but here's how I did it. (Makes two burritos).

Ingredients:
1 onion
2 tomatoes
Handful of mushrooms
2 tbs red capsicum
4 eggs
2 small red chillis diced (I used jalapenos the first time and I think I prefer those)
Sprinkling of onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and paprika (I used taco seasoning the first time which was awesome)
Olive oil
Handful of grated cheese
Baby spinach leaves
Tortilla wraps
Sour cream and avocado to serve
Steps:
1. Dice all your vegetables.
2. Fry together in olive oil until soft.
3. Sprinkle on the seasonings and mix through.
4. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl until combined.
5. Pour the eggs into the fry pan with the vegetables and scramble it all together until cooked. It doesn't look too pretty but trust me, it tastes great.
6. Serve on tortilla wraps with sour cream, mashed avocado and spinach leaves. Top with cheese!
A very easy and tasty weekend breakfast (or any day, really)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the love! It is super appreciated.